Saturday, November 5, 2011

WORK!


WOW
that is the best way I know how to begin!

http://nightwindcentres.com/

I started work at Nightwind Treatment Centre 2 weeks ago! I work with girls 10-14ish. I love it! First and foremost these are amazing resilient girls. The shit they have faced, the life they have endured so far is unbelievable. I am not going to believe it will all be better or believe this will change the world. But there is something magical about this place. They call it a healing centre, it is true. We have group every day. There is therapists and a cultural leader that work with them 4 times a week. They have one on one counselling and so much support.

The girls participate in Sweat lodges, drum circle, meet with Elders, smudge, have all kinds of opportunities, go on great outings, swimming, etc. They have school on site and rec halls. They learn to hold each other accountable.

It can be draining sometimes but I always feel support from the other staff. We have a great leadership and that makes for a great home.

I love it! I can't wait to get to work every day! I love my job!

No comments: