Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our Garden!




I did not know gardening would be so fun! It is a lot of work and very sad when things do not grow as we wished, we lost a bunch of tomatoes in the beginning due to Alberta frost, PAST MAY LONG!!! We planted a lot of seed and some decided they did not want to grow but most of it is fun! I like seeing how many things come to life and how fast they grow.

We like digging and weeding and visiting. We are a part of a community garden and it is wonderful to learn from each other and see the different gardens and what is growing. It is also interesting to see all the different ways people garden!

We have planted beans, peas, lettuce ( I accidentally weeded all but one of our lettuces), beets, carrots, cucumber, squash, kohlrabi, broccoli, cabbage, and a bunch of herbs!

Tatyanah accidently weeded our carrots and I accidently weeded our lettuce but I left one! Amanda knows better what to weed :)

No comments: