Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She is going to SCHOOL!!!

Tatyanah is going back to school!








She has always danced with the idea of school since she was in 1st grade. At the time we were living in Los Angeles and I did not want her in school. After a month of begging, I took her to the local public school and let her spend an afternoon. That cured her for a while!

In grade she went to the Logos program, a Christian program, for January to May. We went to PEI in June. She loved it, she thrived. She had a great time. Joined clubs, sports teams, etc. But she also was torn, she felt like she was missing out on the "fun" we had at home.

After one more year at home she has declared her eternal boredom with being home. She is extremely social and loves all things school. She loves the group learning, she loves the clubs, she loves the friends and she loves teachers. So we have registered her for next year, grade 9. She is so excited she already wants to go back to school shopping. Her friends are ecstatic and thankfully they are great kids. She has known them since she was 5 years old.

Now I have to figure out what I am going to do! Jake is in high school and Taty will be in school! Seems weird. Actually very hard at times. They are the last 2 and I loved home schooling, I loved the time together, but I see it changing. I know how it was with my 21 yr old and it is beautiful to see them as confident strong beautiful growing people but the mommie in me just wants a few more years.....

No comments: