Saturday, January 15, 2011

Painting 101

Amanda and I were talking about things we like to do and Amanda is amazing at almost everything...she can not master diablo....
We decided to get some paper and acrylic paints ad have some fun. Well I do not have the art imagination she or most people do but I remember one time finding a great way to paint spring blossoms on Crafty Crow's blog, so I thought I would try a winter picture. We had recently went tobogganing so I thought I would make a painting of us tobogganing. Well my snowy hill was fun, even adde colors using greens and browns to make the snow look like snow. My people looked horrid so I decided to finish with trees. I was so proud of my painting, then I saw Amanda's....
And While I know mine was a fun experience I was amazed at Amanda's....

Well that stirred something in her and she wanted to try oil paints....and we set off to Micheal's and she got the old 70's guy kit....she went to town and ....



She is flippin amazing...today she is an art class on oil paintings. She is having a good time. I met her for lunch and there is 5 ladies in the class, all 20+ years older than her but she is learning and enjoying herself. Jake and I painted the other day and he made a landscape and I tried some abstract art, I will post those some day!

No comments: