Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Teens


I have always tried to teach my kids responsibility and planning. 2 have got it, 1 does not. No matter what we try, there is no planning and he becomes so upset when he has something happening and no plan on how to make it happen.

It is frustrating, I am not sure if any other parent has gone through this and what they have done but please share your parenting advise. We have tried grounding, natural consequences, eg you don't finish your chores, you don't go to your sport, etc
He becomes rude and disrespectful. He is almost 17 and I am not sure what to do. I am no longer going to take him anywhere, as he has clearly stated, " I don't do anything for him anyways" " You can miss your class, I have rugby" "Whatever, it's not like you care anyways".
Oh the joys, do I simply tell him to hit it? Politely of course and what about respect??
Most of the time he is incredible, but when he hears no or does not plan things out, he is rude and is in a dire emergency situation.



No comments: