Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scuba Jake

All is going well for Jake and his studying to be a scuba diver...except the fact that we live in Alberta!
He has studied his PADI course and now is going to take his confined water dive certification and then wait until January to take his open water in Mexico! It is great to see him dedicate himself to learning. I have found myself wondering about letting the kids learn naturally when they surface learn. It seems to me that so many 'interests' last a few weeks and even a few hours sometimes. I am currently trying to balance out what my expectations are for them and where they can freely learn. That is a new challenge for me lately. It is not all fun and simple. I expect a lot more out of the kids as I notice they are forming lazy habits!

No comments: