Thursday, July 3, 2008

Body Worlds


I was expecting the kids to think it was interesting but I did not expect them to read every article and hold bones and plasticized body parts of real bodies. It was so interesting and to realize all the bodies were real was unbelievable. 
There really was so much to take in... all kinds of different poses, different parts of the body, the blood, lungs, sickness, healthy. The body I found most interesting was the older man, whom was sliced to show 5 different pieces. I know it sounds horrid but it was so very very interesting. 
In the end, we were able to sign a book and leave comments, 11 year old Tatyanah wrote, as any child would, brilliant mind...."very interesting, why so many boys?".I am glad we went, it was an interesting exhibit! Our bodies are truly remarkable, especially when inside out...sort of.

No comments: